CEO, Kaati Zone
1. Where do you live?
I live in Bangalore.
2. What do you like the most about travelling?
I love driving and exploring different regions for nature and cultures.
3. What are your travel pet peeves?
My travel pet peeves are aircrafts which offer layouts with middle seats (because I prefer window seat to avoid disturbance by movement in aisles), long waits at some international immigration counters and delay in baggage clearance.
4. Which airline do you prefer travelling by?
I prefer Singapore Airlines and Emirates, but also travel no-nonsense budget airlines like Air Asia, Tiger Airways and IndiGo. Some of my destinations are not covered by any of these airlines (like Newark) and I travel by one of the European airlines as well.
5. Which is your favorite holiday destination?
I travel to Newark frequently to meet family. I like traveling to Europe and North America for vacations.
6. Which is your favorite business destination?
My favourite business destination is Singapore.
7. What do you always carry in your cabin luggage?
My cabin baggage includes my laptop and essentials which I may require in case the airline misplaces my checked-in baggage.
8. Describe your gadget arsenal?
I am not a gadget man. I carry my Blackberry and an mp3 player (which I carry separately to conserve battery of my BB).
9. Which is your preferred luggage brand?
10. What’s playing on your iPod?
I don’t have an iPod. I play old Hindi and Marathi music on my mp3 player.
11. What are you currently reading?
‘The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles of Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary”.